Gooding Aluminium is committed to operating its business in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner. We recognise that our supply processes, products and supply chain have both direct and indirect environmental impacts. It is our intention to identify adverse impacts where they occur and to find effective methods of eliminating or reducing them. Our aim is to achieve continuous improvement in our environmental performance and advance towards environmental sustainability. We regard compliance with the environmental regulations as the minimum standard to be achieved.
Our aim is that our environmental objectives have been selected and are reviewed to ensure that our development programmes and actions effectively implement our environmental policy, these are:
- Take environmental considerations into account throughout our operations.
- Ensure that environmental issues are properly assessed and considered when key decisions are taken about processes, products and supply chains.
- Establish and measure the significant environmental effects of our operations, set targets for performance improvements and track progress against those targets.
- Use energy and natural resources wisely and efficiently, eliminate and minimise waste, and re-use and recycle where practicable.
- Engage with our suppliers, clients and other relevant parties on environmental issues, including the sustainability of our raw and packaging material supply chains.
- Make a real and meaningful; contribution to mitigating climate change, by reducing greenhouse gas emissions across our own operations and across the complete lifecycle of our products and their packaging.
- Ensure that employees are aware of environmental issues relevant to their activities and have a level of knowledge and understanding appropriate to their environmental responsibilities.